Shoppable Instagram Posts
Instagram continues to evolve, and finally, one of the most expected features has arrived the favorite Shoppable Instagram Posts. These are posts that allow you to sell and buy products directly from this social channel. Shoppable Instagram Posts is an excellent opportunity for eCommerce and online stores. There are already many people that are using it. Also, if you want to discover how to sell on Shoppable Instagram Posts You’re lucky! Because we are going to explain to you in this article, how to start selling on your Instagram store and how to tag products in your posts.
What are the Shoppable Instagram Posts?
It is a new tool focused on the online sale products. It’s so simple that the brans can now tag products in their posts. On the other hand, the buyer who is interested in the product can tap on the post to see more information. So, this will allow consumers to complete the entire buyer journey from finding to check out.
In other words, the process consists in giving the role of the online store to Instagram. Therefore, the best way for brands to take advantage of this tool is in the moment that a large number of users spend time seeing images and click like on the posts.
In the next images you will see an example of the popular Shoppable Instagram Posts:
How to start selling on Shoppable Instagram Posts
Now that we know what Shoppable Instagram Posts are, we start defining how the Instagram store works. So, it is important to consider what the rules are, so you will be able to use this online sales system. Unfortunately, not all businesses can use the Shoppable Instagram posts. Here are the requirements you need to sell on the Instagram store:
- First, you should have an Instagram Business account (with a personal account it is not possible).
- You should operate your business in a supported country: United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Sweden, Netherlands, Argentina, Mexico, New Zealand, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Ireland, South Africa, Belgium, Austria, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, Malta, Ecuador, Panama, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Cyprus, Denmark, Czech Republic, Romania, Norway, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Dominican Republic and Belize.
- You need to have the latest version of the Instagram app.
- You have to sell existing products that comply with Instagram regulations: Retailers agreement and trade policies.
- You should have an Instagram Bussiness account connected to your Facebook Business account.
- You should have a product catalog on your Facebook Business account.
How to install Shoppable Instagram Posts
Now comes the real moment! Do you have an online business? and Do you want to start selling products on Shoppable Instagram Posts? If you have already know that you fill all the requirements, you only need to set the store tool in your Instagram Business account and start tagging products on your posts.
To start selling with Instagram shopping posts, you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you have an Instagram Business account, and it is connected to your Facebook Bussines account.
- You will need to have a product catalog on your Facebook Business account that you can create from your Business Manager or by an e-commerce platform such as Magento, BigCommerce, WooCommerce or Shopify.
- You should connect your Facebook product catalog with your Instagram Business account.
If you have your product catalog on Facebook Business account, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Business Manager account.
2. Check that you have your Instagram Bussiness account linked to the Facebook Bussiness account.
3. Check that your product catalog is active.
Once you met the requirements, you will have to wait for Instagram to approve your store. When Instagram approve your store you can allow the feature by visiting Shopping under Business Settings in the Instagram app.
The next thing you should do is to go to your Instagram Business account. There you will click on “configuration,” and you will see the option “purchase” where you will have to select the product catalog option. Once you choose the option, you can start to tag the products from your product catalog and publish them on your Instagram Business account.
How to tag products on Shoppable Instagram Posts
Once you have your Instagram Business account configured and approved for Shoppable Instagram, you should learn how to tag products on your Instagram posts. So, when the users click on them, they can see the whole information of your product (description, price, and link to purchase). It’s that easy to set up an Instagram store!
Tagging your products on Shoppable Instagram Posts are as simple as you follow these steps:
- You upload an image then add the text and filters that you want. Then you touch on the product you want to tag.
- You should write the name of the products into the labeled.
- You will see a search box in your product catalog where you must check the one that matches.
- Then, we recommend you that you should click on “preview of tagged products” to review everything thoroughly.
- Finally, you should click “ready” and “share.”
It is important to know that you can tag five products in the same image, and up to 20 if the post has several images. Also, in the first case, you will not have a problem to edit the product tags. However, in your future posts with several images, you cannot make changes once you have published. You can also tag them in old posts, not just in the new ones, so it’s a good time to make a complete cleaning of your Instagram Business account by archiving those previous posts and tagging products.
Finally, something that is very useful is that you should update your catalog on your Facebook Bussiness account every month and it will be updated on your Instagram Business account with the same size. Also, the labels will be removed from those products that are no longer in it.